Dichemso2

SCORES OF people, including women and children, have been rendered homeless after a ferocious inferno gutted their house at Dichemso in Kumasi.

The fire started around 2am on Friday, burning valuable items in the 11-bedroom house situated close to the Dunwell Methodist Church.

What started the blaze was not immediately known by the paper as people at the scene gave different accounts as to what might have started the inferno.

Most of the people suspected power fluctuation as the cause since Kumasi and its environs had witnessed unstable power supply in recent times.

Even though the blaze was said to be intense and ran at top speed consuming everything in its path, luckily, no deaths and injuries were recorded.

Benjamin Aidoo, an eyewitness, told the paper that inhabitants of the house, notably women and children, were whisked to safety before the fire started.

According to him, whilst the occupants of the house were asleep, a thick smoke started emerging from one of the rooms so an alarm was raised to wake the people up.

He said before the people could do something about the smoke, fire started from the room and suddenly spread to the other rooms in the house.

Aidoo said the people watched helplessly as the blaze consumed their valuable items including household items, money and furniture, just to mention a few.

Fire fighters were called to the scene but it was too late as the blaze had consumed the entire house and the items in it.

During the paper’s visit on Friday morning, the fire victims, who had been rendered homeless, were seen counting their huge losses in the open.

FROM I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr., Kumasi

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.