President Museveni delivering his Christmas message to Ugandans from State House, Entebbe on Tuesday. (Photo credit: PPU)
President Museveni delivering his Christmas message to Ugandans from State House, Entebbe on Tuesday. (Photo credit: PPU)

The Ugandan government on Friday urged its citizens in South Africa to exercise caution after the deadly Xenophobic attacks in the country.

 (Photo credit: PPU)
(Photo credit: PPU)

The ministry of foreign affairs in a statement said that it is keenly following the situation and that Ugandans should stay in touch with the embassy there.
“Although the incidents are reported to have led to a number of fatalities, the ministry of foreign affairs through its High Commission in Pretoria has confirmed that none of these has so far involved any Ugandan,” the statement said.
“The Uganda High Commission in Pretoria has advised Ugandans to exercise maximum caution, especially those in Durban and Johannesburg as the most affected areas, and to keep in touch with the Mission as necessary,” the statement added.
The ministry said the South African government had given assurances that it is taking appropriate measures to restore the situation to normalcy. Enditem

Source: Xinhua

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.