Three of the six suspects declared wanted by the Ghana Police for taking part in the gun battle with the police at Tuba that resulted in the death of a policeman last Saturday, have surrendered to the police in Accra.
While two of them, Sanie Adam Agotey alias Nartey and Kamalrudeen Assimey alias Nartey, both aged 28, reported themselves to the Accra Regional Police Command at about 5 p. m. Wednesday, the third suspect, Seidu Tetteh, 36, the driver of chief Hussein Mikail Agbo Narh III alias Munkaila, who was arrested last Wednesday, reported himself to the police at about 12:45 p. m. Thursday.
They surrendered themselves after reading the Wednesday, February 15, 2012 edition of the Daily Graphic that the police were looking for them to assist in investigations.
The three are currently in custody.
Those still on the run are Dawood Tetteh, the principal suspect, Alex Akunette alias Yusif Tetteh and Habib Iddrisu.
The deputy crime officer of the Accra Regional Police Command, Superintendent Baffour Appenteng, confirmed the latest developments in an interview Thursday.
He said following the publication of the list of persons suspected to have taken part in the gun battle, Sanie and Kamalrudeen informed the police that they wanted to surrender to state their side of the story.
He said the two did not show up until 5 p. m. on Wednesday.
Supt. Appenteng said Seidu Tetteh also reported himself to the police Thursday afternoon in the company of a pastor.
He said the suspects were still being interrogated and expressed the hope that at the end of the questioning, the police would make a major breakthrough in their investigations.
A chief of Tuba, Hussein Mikail Agbo Narh III, alias Munkaila, was arrested together with 75 others in a swoop by a combined team of police and military personnel at Tuba and its environs to clamp down on criminals within the area last Wednesday.
Chief Narh, 48, is alleged to have asked Dawood Tetteh, the principal suspect, whose attempted arrest last Saturday led to the killing of a policeman and injury to three others, to flee the town before the police could organise any swoop.
Lance Corporal Ernest Asamoah who was shot at, died instantly. The three others who sustained injuries are Corporal Joseph Engme, Corporal Samuel Owusu and Lance Corporal Prince Okyere. They are currently on admission at the Police Hospital in Accra.
The robbers opened fire when the police reached Dawood Tetteh’s residence, where they (robbers) had laid ambush.
Daily Graphic


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.