the-hunger-games-mockingjay-part-2-cancels-red-carpet-interviews-after-paris-attacks

Following Friday’s terror attacks in Paris, Lionsgate has announced that they will not conduct any red carpet interviews at the Los Angeles premiere of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2”. The cast and crew of the action movie will likely only take a few photos, greet fans and maybe sign autographs before they head into the screening.

“Out of respect for the very recent events in Paris, we have decided to modify our red carpet and we will not conduct interviews at Monday’s ‘Mockingjay 2′ premiere,” a representative from Lionsgate said in a statement. “We will proceed with the rest of the event as planned in honor of the incredible fans who have always supported our films with such passion.”

The cast members of the final installment of “The Hunger Games” movie series have been promoting the film all over the world. They previously visited Beijing, Madrid, Paris and London. “Mockingjay 2”, which is said to include an epic final battle, will hit U.S. theaters on November 20.

The attacks happened at a soccer match in Stade de France stadium during a match between Germany and France as well as other areas of Paris. There was a total of 129 people killed during the accident with the number of those injured still growing.

Other events cancelled because of the attack was the international premiere and press events of “Bridge of Spies” and “Jane Got a Gun”, which were supposed to take place in Paris.

© AceShowbiz.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.