Residents of Ho in the Volta Region have been traumatized by a bizarre incident that happened last Friday night concerning the murder of a final-year student of the Evangelical Presbyterian (EP) University College (EPUC).

The deceased, 32-year-old Percy Kafui Nbuak, a Human Resource student, was with his girlfriend when he was shot dead on the night of Friday August 23, 2013, by assailants at a basic school opposite the EP Church cathedral at Ho-Kpodzi.

DAILY GUIDE investigations revealed that the love birds were sitting on a veranda at the basic school when two assailants appeared from their left and right, sandwiching them in the middle.

The robbers, who were wielding knives, asked them to surrender their mobile phones, money and other personal effects, to which they obliged.

Percy was not carrying his phone, and so handed over that of his girlfriend which was in his possession at the time.

DAILY GUIDE sources identified the lady as 23-year-old Rosemond, a shop attendant.

The robbers then subjected the lovers to vigorous searches; and it was in this process that Percy was shot in the head.

Another man whose house is close to the school told Ho-based US FM that he was going to bed when he heard a gunshot followed by a loud scream for help at about 11:15pm from the school compound.

He then rushed there with some people from the neighbourhood only to find a lady by a young man who was lying in a pool of blood on the veranda.

Upon interrogation, the lady told them that she was having a conversation with Percy when the assailants emerged with knives and requested that they surrendered their mobile phones and money.

They obliged, except that Percy was not carrying his phone.

As a result, one of the assailants subjected them to a thorough search and in the process Percy made the assailant out and said, ?Oh, is it you; and you don?t know me?? Suddenly, the assailant brought out a gun, shot Percy in the head and they run off.

The victim was then rushed to the Volta Regional Hospital fondly called Trafalgar, with the assistance of a Good Samaritan. He was however pronounced dead on arrival.

When DAILY GUIDE contacted the investigator on the case, Detective Inspector A. Kofi Begum, he declined to comment and directed that the Municipal Commander be contacted.

The Commander, Superintendent Nicholas Opare Ofosu-Hene, who confirmed the incident to DAILY GUIDE, refused to give details, but gave the assurance that he would do so at a later date.

The incident has sent the family of the deceased into a frenzy of wailing and mourning, as they mull over their beloved?s horrific death.

Mother of the deceased, Joyce Agboklu, who spoke to US FM on Saturday, said Percy visited her home at Barracks New Town that fateful evening and met his four-year-old son.

Later that night, hours after her son had left, she received a phone call informing her that Percy had been attacked by armed robbers and sent to the hospital. She later heard about his death on Saturday morning.

Madam Agboklu lamented that her son?s death was a ?big-blow?, especially when he was about completing his university education.

Unconfirmed sources said three suspects, including an ex-convict, had been arrested after a quick swoop of the area.

From Fred Duodu, Ho


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.