fire
fire

The incident was said to have happened at dawn, today.

fire
fire
The fire reportedly spread from burning charcoal in a coal-pot, left unattended in the kitchen.

The Mampong Municipal Fire Officer, Mr. Selassie Avevor, who confirmed this to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), said firefighters had hectic time battling the blaze.

He said they suspected that a wooden stand supporting the coal-pot caught fire from the burning charcoal and spread quickly to the “boys’ quarters”, where the victims were sleeping.

The main building, was however, spared.

The charred bodies of Isaac Kwesi Botwe, an estate officer at the Obuasi Government Hospital, his four children, aged between two and 12 years, brother and friend, had since been deposited at the mortuary of the Mampong hospital for autopsy.
GNA

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.