Lawyer for the Aggrieved customers of embattled Menzgold Ghana Company, Amanda Clinton is demanding for more than just an announcement of a court win and subsequent transfer of monies from a Dubai company to Chief Executive Officer of the Menzgold Company, Nana Appiah Mensah also known as NAM 1.

It is only prudent she insists that evidence is provided to confirm the announcement and the outcome of the trial in Dubai pending a possible appeal.

Her comments come after news broke Tuesday that NAM1 has won his case in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The court which pronounced judgment Tuesday morning has also ordered the company, with which he had had issues with, to pay him all outstanding debts per reports.

Mr. Mensah affectionately called NAM 1 has been in the grips of the security operatives of the Gulf country since late last year battling charges of fraud in a gold deal gone sour worth $23million with a UAE company based in Dubai.

He’s however, acquitted and discharged Tuesday of the fraud charges leveled against him.
In a statement copied to Ghanaweb however, Amanda Clinton noted that an independent confirmation of the arrest and subsequent judgement in his favour is ideal. She further demanded from government, their plans as far as the extradition process is concerned and explanations as to how millions of dollars were pumped into an ‘unregulated company without the Bank of Ghana flagging the unusual activities of this company for 5 years”.

“Although Menzgold’s PRO yesterday said that Nam1’s trial has been concluded in Dubai, it is fair to call for evidence of his whereabouts and the outcome of the Dubai trial, pending a possible appeal. We need independent confirmation like the written judgement in Dubai allegedly in Nam1’s favour; independent confirmation of the arrest and for Interpol – Ghana to say how the Interpol red alert kicks in now that Nam1 is allegedly ‘free,’ how government is going to deal with the extradition back with Interpol’s assistance as well as a public inquiry as to how millions of dollars was pumped into an unregulated company without Bank of Ghana flagging the unusual activities of this company for 5 years”, the statement read.

Meanwhile, government has confirmed the news of NAM 1’s acquittal and discharge but cautioned Ghanaian’s to lower their expectations of seeing him in Ghana in days because of a possible appeal against the judgment.

Speaking to journalists in Accra, a deputy Attorney General and Minister of Justice Joseph Kpemka said: “…I can confirm on authority that he has won the case in Dubai pending any appeal by the complainant in that matter and if there’s no appeal in that case after 30 elapses and his freedom is without questioning,” then he can be brought back to Ghana.

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

Advertisements

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.