Maxwell Awuku

Maxwell Awuku

Maxwell Awuku, Managing Director (MD) of Metro Mass Transit Limited, has been relieved of his duties.
A directive from the Presidency, which made this known recently, noted that Mr Awuku?s tenure of office ends effective 17th June, this year.

A former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ghana Roads Safety Commission, Noble Appiah has been asked to step into Mr Awuku?s shoes and manage the transport company.

No reasons were immediately cited for the sacking of the Metro Mass Transit boss.
Martin Affram, who was deputy MD for the company, has been directed to report to the Transport Ministry for re-assignment.
A statement from the Transport Ministry mentioned John Dzuazah as the newly-appointed deputy MD. His appointment takes effect from June 17, this year.

MMT was incorporated in March 2003 as a limited liability company under the (Companies Code 1963 Act 179) to provide safe, affordable, efficient and reliable movement of commuters within metropolitan and municipal areas.

MMT operates commuter buses in the main corridors of the cities and to the outskirts.

The company is owned by SIC Insurance, National Investment Bank, GOIL Ghana, Agriculture Development Bank, Prudential Bank and SSNIT, which jointly have 55 percent shares while Government of Ghana holds the remaining 45 percent shares.

Commuter buses were formerly used mostly for public transport services in Ghana but the trend has changed since the emergence of private players in the industry, which were assisted by some financial institutions to acquire fleet of buses.

 A business desk report

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.