The Ghana Hajj Board has disclosed that, this year’s Hajj programme has been a stress free one with regard to the successful airlifting of all 6003 Ghanaian pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The Chairman of the board, Sheikh I.C. Quaye, explained that, this was made possible by the introduction of an effective communication system that ensured that all flights to Saudi Arabia departed on schedule successfully.

Speaking at a press conference held at the Hajj Village in Accra, Sheikh IC Quaye, said, the current system was introduced in order to prevent the reoccurrence of pilgrims having to struggle just to go through in locating their passports and other documents for their flight schedules and as well as cut down cost of spending longer days at the Hajj Village in Accra.

He also noted that, “Pilgrims were sent SMS messages informing them of their flight schedules. They arrived on the day of their departure and were checked-in professionally in accordance with international airport customs standards. This eradicated the pain pilgrims usually go through to perform hajj.”

He further indicated that, the pilgrims were given education and were as well cautioned against the smuggling of contraband goods, particularly cola, to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

“It is categorised as a controlled drug and attracts criminal prosecution in Saudi Arabia. Ghana was declared the best among non-Arab countries for last year’s Hajj and the Ghana Hajj Board would like to maintain that record,” he reiterated.

“The 2019 Hajj departures from Tamale International Airport to Medina as well as the Kotoka International Airport, which ended at 2:p.m. today Sunday 4th August 2019 has been successful. Tamale had six flights which started on schedule and every flight scheduled was professionally executed without any hitches,” he disclosed.

Sheik IC Quaye, added that, the Kotoka International Airport had seven flights, and all were on schedule without any problem, Thus, the Tamale pilgrims were sent off by four powerful chiefs under the direction of the Yaa-Naa, His Royal Majesty Abubakari Mahama II.

“The Yaa-Naa was so excited, with the professionalism of our operations and the honour that was done by the Hajj Board to his Royal Kingdom.”

“This is the first time the Hajj Board has ensured full participation of the security personnel including the Armed Forces, Police, and Fire Service,” he said.

He commended the entire Hajj Board for their selflessness and commitment towards the realization of another successful Hajj process.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.