fire
fire

fire (1)

Personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service Wednesday prevented what could have been a major fire disaster at the Registrar General?s Department.

The fire may have been caused by what one worker says was an ?intermittent switch of power? and electrical friction.? The facility has for the past two weeks depended on a standby generator to power its offices.

Work has however resumed after clearance was given by fire officials.

An audit has been carried out to ascertain the cause.

The Registrar General?s Department was established under an Ordinance in 1950 during the Colonial days. It became a department of the Ministry of Justice in 1961.

It is mandated by law to ensure an efficient and effective administration of entities, inter ? alia, the registration of businesses, industrial property, marriages, administration of estates, and public trustees and provide data for national planning.

Source: Kasapafmonline.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.