Ghana’s sanitation situation has in recent times required a different approach especially when research has proven that the menace is attitudinal. It is on this stride that the newly out doored pageant, MISS METRO GHANA has since its launch, received massive support and attention.
The pageant, themed “LET’S GET GHANA CLEAN”, hopes to put emphasis on the need for Ghanaians to contribute both inert and acquired beauty, in dealing with Ghana’s age old sanitation situation that has become a major problem for past and present governments. MISS METRO GHANA will see the selection of five (5) contestants from each of the five (5) main Metropolitan cities in Ghana, namely ACCRA, TEMA, KUMASI, SEKONDI-TAKORADI and TAMALE.

The selected twenty-five (25) contestants in the month of October 2017, will in collaboration with their respective Metropolitan Assemblies, launch the “LET’S GET GHANA CLEAN” Campaign, which will require them planning and executing their respective projects daily. The contestants are required to film their respective sanitation projects and present evidence of work, on the pageant’s official Facebook page for fans to “like”, and text their names to a dedicated short code to be provided by the organizers.

Organizers of the pageant, Kosi Glah Consult has disclosed that sixty (60%) percent of the accumulated results will be generated from the respective projects of the contestants while the remaining forty (40%) percent, will be judged on “Beauty”, “Eloquence”, “Intelligent” and “Talent”.

As part of justifying their inclusion in the final list, the contestants will be engaged in an “Intellectual Debate” on radio of which, they will be allowed to debate the sanitation challenge defend their proffered solution to the challenge at hand. the debate will also be used as a platform to further sensitize the public`on good sanitation practices within their respective metropolis.

Auditions for the pageant is set to take place in the five (5) metropolitan cities across the country in the month of September. Event Consultant Mr. Dennis Glah tells Newsghana that the pageant hopes to put a human face to the fight against filth in the country, a move that yielded in the development and execution of Ghana’s first and only sanitation beauty pageant, “MISS METRO GHANA”.

The organizers are therefore calling on co-operate Ghana, indigenous businesses as well as stakeholders to come on board to make this noble course a worthy one as it is believed that, businesses thrive in cleaner environments.

NewsGhana.com.gh