Five new cases of cholera was Thursday reported in Accra, the Acting Metro Director of Health Services, Dr George Mensah has confirmed.

37fb2cdc68abf4575c8d15f6524e32a0_LDoctors fear the cases may be as a result of the June 3 flood which has resulted in insanitary conditions at the affected areas.

Over 11,000 cases of the water borne disease were recorded last year, which claimed the lives of over 100 people.

Earlier, the Ministry of Health had said it was on alert and ready to prevent?any possible cholera outbreak due to the recent flooding.

According to the Ministry, their action is to ensure that there is not a recurrence of last year?s cholera outbreak.

In an earlier interview on Citi FM, the Minister of Health, Alex Segbefia said his Ministry would engage all stakeholders in order to achieve the cholera-free goal.

?Because of the nature of the amount of water that has flowed, we should also start planning or taking preventive action for the likes of cholera so that we will not be caught in the same way?that we were in the past,? he had added.

Source-graphic.com.gh

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.