Gen David Sejusa

Gen David Sejusa

The General who returned from self imposed exile in London mid this month and headed straight to his country home, was escorted to the city in an eight-vehicle convoy, a bulk of them belonging to security ? both army and police who barred him from addressing any gathering anywhere.

Tinyefuza set off from his home in Nkoma village, Lugusulu Sub County at about 10:30am with a procession of ecstatic boda boda riders, who were quickly intercepted and blocked upon reaching Sembabule trading centre by a team of police led by the district police commander, George Walugembe.

Riding in a black Cross Country Mercedes Benz and followed accompanied by two other vehicles, he was escorted to Masaka by a police pick up, spending close to one and half hours on the journey.

At Masaka, he headed to Nyendo fuel filling station to refuel as security was further heightened.

On hand was the Southern Region police boss, Maxwell Ogwal and the Masaka police boss, John Muwule, reinforced by a team of heavily armed police on two Pickup trucks and other security operatives who sealed off all entry and exit points.

The moustached General was only allowed to greet a crowd of supporters that had gathered and kept waving.

In his 15 minutes at the fuel station he was closely followed and monitored by security before setting off for Kampala, escorted by about five security vehicles.

?We are avoiding a procession,? Ogwal said. His spokesperson Moses Bigirwa had earlier said the General had intended to greet and address his supporters at several points while on the journey to the city.

?The General plans to address his people at Sembabule trading centre; at Nyendo and at Lukaya,? Bigirwa had earlier said. He is expected in Kampala later to attend a home coming party at his Naguru residence.

Police spokesperson Fred Enanga had earlier said that police had no issues with Tinyefusa traveling to the city for the home coming party for as long as he does not contravene the Public Order Management Act.

?We have no issue with a home coming party,? Enanga said.

Tinyefuza as he is popularly known returned to the country on December 14 and was received by the Director General of Internal Security Organization (ISO) Brig. Ronnie Balya and a few family members before being driven straight to Sembabule where he has been since.

Soon after returning government said will not be prosecuted.

Source The New Vision


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.