Mayweather-Pacquiao-1-562x250 Floyd Mayweather to wear $25,000 mouthguard with diamonds, gold and $100 bills for Manny Pacquiao fight Floyd Mayweather to wear $25,000 mouthguard with diamonds, gold and $100 bills for Manny Pacquiao fight Mayweather Pacquiao 1

Floyd Mayweather Jnr revealed on Monday that he would wear a $25,000 (?16,800) mouthguard containing diamonds, gold and genuine $100 bills for his fight against Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand on May 2.

The mouthguard is designed and made by Dr Lee Gause, a New York dentist who often flies to Las Vegas to fit Mayweather?s mouthguard before fights. He inserts a cut-out portion of the $100 note into the plastic.

The world?s richest athlete is not sparing any expense on his preparations or equipment. Mayweather also has a celebrated female chef who is being paid $1,000 for each meal she prepares in camp. The unbeaten American is expected to earn around $120?million for this fight, Pacquiao $80?million.

Mayweather, 38, has undergone a varied training regime thus far, with a video last month showing him indulging in ?caveman training? by chopping wood. . On Monday, he was spotted honing his fitness in the water at his training camp in Las Vegas.
Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg dropped by the Wild Card Boxing Club to check in on Pacquiao. Last month, Oscar-winning actor Robert Duvall also saw Pacquiao train.

However, a fighter who has faced both boxers, Shane Mosley, says Mayweather will win. ?I am definitely going with Mayweather, although I like Manny personally,? said Mosley, who lost to both on points. ?Mayweather is generally the best at avoiding punches.?

Bob Arum, Pacquiao?s promoter, believes that Mayweather?s stock could rise if he loses his unbeaten 47-0 record. Arum reckons it will make Mayweather ?more human, and maybe increase his marketability and popularity?.

Freddie Roach disagrees. The trainer said: ?His whole identity is that zero. I don?t know how he could come back from a loss.?
Elsewhere, in a peculiar volte-face, Amir Khan, the British welterweight, has insisted that the contractual details for his next opponent ? thought to be American Chris Algieri on May 30 after Khan announced it himself on a YouTube channel ? are not yet complete.

?I made the video on YouTube because we thought the fight with Chris Algieri was a done deal,? Khan said. ?But there are some more options on the table. We could make an announcement in another couple of days. My opponent for May 30 has not been confirmed.?

After Anthony Joshua?s 11th successive stoppage professional career victory on Saturday night in Newcastle, the London 2012 Olympic super-heavyweight champion has said that he will look to face David Price (19-2) before the year is out.

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.