About 10 residents and their dependants in a compound house at Drobo in the Jaman South District of the Brong Ahafo region have been rendered homeless after fire gutted their place on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire destroyed property of the tenants estimated at several thousands of Ghana cedis.

According to a local journalist from the area who spoke to ultimatefmonlin.com, occupants of the house left for the farm only to return to be greeted with the inferno.

“It took fire service personnel several hours to put the fire under control. Neighbours tried to break through the windows and doors to salvage property but this was not possible because the fire increased”, he reported.

The Jaman South District Fire Officer DO2 Kumi Amponsah Charles revealed to ultimatefmonline.com that preliminary investigations points to the fact the fire was started as a result of an overloaded electrical socket.

“Our investigations so far show that an electrical fault sparked the fire. An electrical socket in one of  the rooms was overloaded and the woman who was around at the time was sitting outside and left it unattended to which caused the fire to burn to other parts of the house”, he stated.

By: Ghana/Ultimatefmonline.com/106.9FM

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.