Fire gutted a fast food joint at Bethlehem, a community in the Kpone Katamanso district, early Wednesday morning destroying properties worth millions.

According to an eye witness, the fire which started at 6am,was as a result of a faulty cylinder containing liquefied petroleum gas whiles the assistant food vendor was away to purchase an item in the neighborhood.

Residents claim the cylinder had constant leakages which passer-bys reprimanded the vendor to repair the faulty cylinder? but she? ignored the adverse implications and rather placed stones on the stove? regulator and other means to forestall the leakage temporarily .

All effort to salvage valuables proved futile as the fire engulfed the structure which was wooden made. The flames stretched to a beauty parlor adjacent the fast food joint after completely destroying every item in the structure.

The beauty parlor which was fully stocked with equipment and electrical appliances yielded rapidly to the fire, extending to the next shop, a beauty parlor as well. After about fifteen minutes of terrible blaze, residence still looked on inept for fear of explosion of the blazing cylinder.

Fire service personnel arrived several minutes later to avert the fire from spreading further which took about twenty minutes of fire-fighting. The fire service could not immediately tell the cause of the fire outbreak but suspects the liquefied petroleum gas after speaking with the vendor, Madam Monica who arrived later.

Madam Monica debagged allegations that the cylinders was extremely faulty as residents insinuated, adding that this could have been forestalled if either of them were? present.

There were no casualties involved though properties worth millions were destroyed. Item destroyed includes cooking utensils, refrigerators and other electrical appliances, three empty gas cylinders, cosmetics, among? others.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.