A fire broke out at Rashtrapati Bhavan, the official residence of Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, in the national capital Friday, a senior fire official said.

fire
fire
However, there have been no reports of any casualty in the incident, he said.

“The fire started around 8.40 a.m. (local time) in the accounts office of Rashtrapati Bhavan. Six fire tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was doused within minutes,” the official said.

He added: “Only a few tables and chairs were gutted in the inferno.”

A probe has been ordered to ascertain the exact cause of the fire, the official said, adding that a short-circuit could be the reason.

The British-era Rashtrapati Bhavan, with over 300 rooms, used to be the official residence of the Viceroy in pre-independence India. Enditem

Source: Xinhua/NewsGhana.com.gh

READ More  Tensions Mount As Balkan Route Gets Blocked

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here