Families members of victims of the Abuja Monday bomb blast, continue to grope from one hospital to the other looking to identify bodies of their loved ones or to ascertain if they are alive.

At the Asokoro General Hospital, family members troop into the compound office where the list of victims receiving treatment for one degree of injury or the other can be checked.

A family came in looking to find the name of one Lekan Adesina, saying they had been called and told to stop over at the Asokoro General Hospital, but his name was found on the list. They were referred to the morgue where they may be able to identify his body if deposited there.

A group of three young men, stood at the front of the emergency ward, in an angry fit, talking amongst themselves, complaining that they had not been allowed access to the morgue to check if the body of their relative, Lucky Efosa Ebohimien, was deposited there. One of them told DailyTimes that they had earlier gone there yesterday to check since he still alive when he was lifted from the Nyanya Bus Park, scene of the blast. They also complained that they were not been given adequate attention to enable them identify their loved ones like the government had claimed it would.

Speaking on the casualties yesterday, Police spokesperson, Frank Mba, had disclosed that security agencies were working with hospitals to create information centers for relatives to assist them in getting information on their loved one.

“We promised you earlier on that we will continue to update you and it in that spirit that I want to update you as regards the casualty figures.

“In order to help families of the bereaved, the security agencies are working with hospitals encouraging most of the hospitals to open information centres that will help relatives, friends to get relevant information from those hospitals where the dead bodies are deposited and others receiving treatments” he had said.

Families hanging around the Asokoro hospital to confirm the whereabouts of their loved ones complained that the hospitals should have made copies of the updated list and posted at the entrance of the hospital for ease.

At the Asokoro General Hospital 27 bodies were received. 25 of which came in whole while 2 were dismembered.

At the Maitama Hospital a total of 28 patients were received, 5 were transferred to other hospitals, 13 were brought in dead, two died in the hospital while 21 are on admission.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.