The explosion that occurred on Tuesday at a police building in Turkish southeastern province of Diyarbakir was a terror attack, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Wednesday.

In an interview with private broadcaster Haberturk, Soylu said that investigations have revealed that the explosion was a terror attack, and there are currently 10 to 12 victims who are receiving treatment in hospitals.

The terror attack was carried out via an underground tunnel which was placed with explosives, he said.

Previously, the minister said that the explosion was not caused by outside interference, ruling out a terrorist attack.

On Tuesday, an explosion occurred during the repair of an armoured vehicle in the Diyarbakir Provincial Security Directorate compound, parts of the roof of the building collapsed.

One police officer and two civilian personnel were killed in the explosion.

Separately, five suspects were detained on April 12 as a part of the investigation into the attack, Dogan News Agency reported. Enditem

Source: Xinhua/NewsGhana.com.gh