COAS MinimahMore students of the Government Girls? Secondary School, Chibok had been freed by Wednesday evening in the on-going search and rescue operations to free the abducted students according to the defence headquarters.

A statement by the Director of Defence Information, Major-General Chris Olukolade, said that with this development, the Principal of the School confirmed that only 8 of the students are still missing.? One of the terrorists who carried out the attack on the school has also been captured.

The statement assured that efforts were underway to locate the remaining 8 students.

Major-General Olukolade said, ?More of the abducted students of Government Girls? Secondary School, Chibok in Borno State have this afternoon been freed as troops pursuing the terrorists close in on the den of those believed to have carried out the attack.?

A total of 129 students had earlier been abducted by a group of terrorists.

It added that troops deployed to restore law and order in Wukari, Taraba State, had apprehended 14 armed men who were involved in the fighting during the civil disturbances in the town early in the week.

?The fighting resulted in the burning of no fewer than 25 houses and displacement of over 200 persons,? said the defence headquarters.

According to him, ?the troops also captured a building where arms were being fabricated.? 4 locally fabricated machine guns, one sub machine gun, 4 single barrel guns as well as 21 live cartridges were recovered in the process.? Normalcy has since been restored as troops maintain patrols of the locality.?

Meanwhile, security forces have been directed to continue with the tempo of offensive on all the terrorists? enclaves anywhere in the country.

Source National Accord

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.